The American Road and Transportation Builders Association is accepting nominations for its 2018 Industry Leader Development Program, May 14-16 in the Washington, DC. The application deadline is April 16.
The Program boasts nearly 700 graduates from both the private and public sectors. Graduates include VTCA’s Jan Morehead and Tom Witt, and many VTCA members.
The immersive, two-and-a-half day event provides an understanding of industry economics, how transportation work in the U.S. is funded and financed, how actions by the federal government impact the industry, and how to become politically engaged to help shape transportation policy. Attendees also visit with their members of Congress to discuss pending transportation investment and policy issues; the Program is held in conjunction with ARTBA’s annual Federal Issues Program and the Transportation Construction Coalition Fly-In.
Admission is a competitive process. Nominees must:
- Be age 30-50 and have at least three years of experience in the transportation construction and/or design industry;
- Have made a significant contribution to the work of his or her firm;
- Shown evidence of strong leadership potential for the industry;
- Be nominated by a sponsor; and
- Submit a completed application form.