- This event has passed.
Mechanistic Empirical Pavement Design Guide Workshop
September 12, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$35.00
VDOT is moving towards implementing a new pavement design method named Mechanistic Empirical Pavement Design Guide (MEPDG) to design interstate and primary routes effective from January 1, 2018. In order to create a general situational awareness and provide some broad understanding, VDOT, in conjunction with VTCA, is offering a session on MEPDG. This session is designed to provide overview/information in regards to the new design procedure for members of industry who are involved in pavement design/analysis as well as the appropriate contracting communities.
Upon completion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Be familiar with MEPDG concept and development.
- Understand basic difference between MEPDG and AASHTO 93 design procedures.
- Be familiar with VDOT MEPDG implementation efforts.
- Determine the need for further in-depth, hands-on training on MEPDG software.
- Identify the required resource to design pavements using MEPDG procedure (staff, software, and subgrade investigation practice).
This training is intended for consultants, contractors, design-builders, and geotechnical firms who are involved in pavement design/analysis and conducting geotechnical investigation for pavement. In addition, the training will benefit managers who are involved in managing and directing pavement design and geotechnical investigation sections.
If you are using Internet Explorer to register for the event it must be version 10 or higher to work properly. When registering an individual, if you do not see the attendee name, email, company and phone boxes for each attendee when you change the number of attendees then you need to register in another browser.