The transportation construction industry has a bevy of job opportunities. Companies are actively looking for people with a huge range of skills and education levels, who are needed to fill jobs from laborers to engineers to project managers.
VTCA is working to fill the labor gap in several ways. We have partnered with other trade groups to create an infrastructure academy in the community college system that will provide training for these high-demand careers. We offer scholarships to students looking to break into the industry. In 2022, we launched a new Emerging Leaders program.
Continuing education is another important objective for our transportation workforce. Training and skills need to be maintained, technology is continually changing, and new capabilities are needed to keep our workforce at the forefront of the industry.
A workforce that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion will continue to be a priority as we work toward a stronger and more fruitful industry.
- Virginia Ready
- FastForward Workforce Credential Program
- Virginia Career Works
- Virginia G3 Ambassador Program
- Virginia Department of Veteran Services & Virginia Values Veterans
- Virginia Employment Commision - Upcoming Job Fairs
- VA Association of Career & Technical Education Administrators
- Virginia’s CTE Resource Center